2019 WEDI Winter Conference: Connect, Communicate, Collaborate
Explore D.C from the spacious Hyatt Crystal City Hotel. The closest hotel to Reagan National Airport is also the most convenient. With panoramic views of the nation’s most iconic monuments and direct access to Crystal City Metro Station, guests can enjoy all Washington, D.C., has to offer. Home to the city’s largest meeting space, the hotel offers the perfect destination for work or play.
We have created a dedicated website for attendees to book their hotel reservations online. 2019 WEDI WINTER CONFERENCE: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/WASRC/G-WEDI. The room rate for the conference expires on NOVEMBER 18, 2019. If you need additional assistance, please contact the hotel at 877-803-7534 If the group rate is no longer available, prevailing rates may be offered for some or all of your dates.
Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport offers valet only parking at a rate of $45 per day, with unlimited in-and-out privileges. In addition, the hotel offers the option to park at the hotel and fly from nearby Reagan National Airport. *Clearance is 6’ 8” in our underground parking garage.
Courtesy Airport and Metro Shuttle:
Airport Shuttle - Arriving at the airport and need shuttle transportation? You can now track the Hyatt shuttle for pick-up simply by downloading the link below when you arrive. The shuttle service will provide you estimated times to and from the airport. When opening the link be sure to use HOTEL CODE: 2799 https://www.trackmyshuttle.com/
Enjoy our courtesy Hyatt Airport Shuttle to and from Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA). It departs from the hotel front drive every 20-minute on the hour from 4:40am – 12:20am seven days a week.
Metro Shuttle Enjoy the courtesy Hyatt Metro Shuttle to and from Crystal City Metro Station. The shuttle departs from the hotel front drive every 30-minutes on the hour from 6:00am - midnight Monday thru Friday, and 7:00am - midnight Saturday and Sunday. (Times subject to change). Upon request, the shuttle will drop guests off and pick up at Crystal Drive & 23rd Street near multiple local offices and restaurants and at 23rd Street and S. Eads Street near the local restaurants. These stops are based on request only and are not regular stops made during regular travel (Subject to change).
When traveling to the hotel via Metro, once you are at the top of the escalators turn to the left and walk toward 18th St. the shuttle will pick up underneath the overpass at the Hotel Shuttle Sign.
Taxis From Dulles Airport (IAD) to the Washington DC metro area hotel, cost is approximately $40 to $45. From Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI) to our Washington DC metro area hotel, cost is approximately $65 to $70. Taxi from Union Station to our Washington DC metro area hotel is approx. $17 - $20.
Metro Subway Access From the Crystal City Metro Station (corner of 18th St and S. Bell Street) the Blue and Yellow lines are available, in which our Washington DC metro area hotel is a 10 minute walk. (See Metro Shuttle above for specific details on times and locations.)
Amtrak Taxi to / from Union Station is approximately $17 - $20.
MARC MARC train service from BWI to Union Station is approx. $6.
Virginia Rail Express Virginia Rail Express station is a five minute walk from our Washington DC metro area hotel.
Multiple Registration Special
|Members||Pay for 3 registrations and the 4th one is FREE|
|Non-Members||Pay for 4 registrations and the 5th one is FREE|
Early Registration Fees:
These fees are available through 10/25/2019
|Registration Type||Price||Available To|
|Early Bird, Members||$1075.00||Members|
|Early Bird, Non-Members||$1575.00||Non-Members|
These fees are available through 12/04/2019
|Registration Type||Price||Available To|
Cancellation and Other Policies:
WEDI does not accept cancellations, but substitute attendees are permitted with payment of a $15 processing fee. If you wish to make a substitution, please contact email@example.com.
By registering and attending this conference, you agree to be photographed and allow WEDI to use those pictures on the WEDI website & in WEDI social media. In addition, WEDI does not permit the recording of any sessions at the conference.
Conference presentations are intended for educational purposes only and do not replace independent professional judgment. Statements of fact and opinions expressed are those of the participants individually and, unless expressly stated to the contrary, are not the opinion or position of the Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange, its cosponsors, or its committees. The Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange does not endorse or approve, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, accuracy or completeness of the information presented.
VIEW THE CONFERENCE AT A GLANCE (Subject to Change) here- https://wedi.growthzoneapp.com/ap/CloudFile/Download/xP2VNwoP
- Monday morning WEDI Workgroup and Subworkgroup Meetings, open to all members and non-members. Attend and Engage!
- WEDI's Privacy and Security Summit, focusing on key elements in Healthcare IT privacy, featuring speakers from OCR, Capitol Hill, HHS, HITRUST and more!
- WEDI welcomes Dr. Donald Rucker, the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology
- Updates from TEFCA's RCE, with Mariann Yeager, CEO of the Sequoia Project
- Learn how Dr. William Hazel, the former Secretary of Health and Human Resources for the Commonwealth of Virginia is utilizing data exchange in combating the opioid crisis
- Lessons learned from ICD-10 and preparing for ICD-11
- Breakout sessions focusing on Provider Credentialing, Health Privacy, Appropriate Use Criteria and more
- Reconnect and make new connections at our Welcome Reception
- Learn how Healthcare IT will be a factor in the 2020 Election with Dan Mendelson, Founder of Avalere Health and former Associate Director for Health at the Office of Management and Budget in the Clinton White House.
- Updates and Lessons Learned from the New Medicare Card Program
- A Special Introduction and Level-Set session on HL7 FHIR hosted by Rick Geimer of Lantana
- Breakout Sessions featuring Attachments, ONC FAST, Patient Identity and more
- Building off of the success of WEDI’s Summer Forum, which looked into the bridging of EDI to API, WEDI will offer a post-con on December 5 in Crystal City, VA that will continue to look into the liberation of patient data for both clinical and administrative through open APIs. This hands-on experience will allow attendees the opportunity to learn how to capture patient demographics, use the FHIR server, discuss how HL7 FHIR and X12 work together and review several business cases.
* Access to our bi-annual in-person WEDI workgroup meetings Monday morning. Learn more about the work WEDI members perform in various sub-topics within health IT. These meetings are open to all interested members and non-members
* Participation in the Tuesday evening welcome reception. Reunite with dear friends, colleagues and make new connections as we kickoff the conference with light appetizers and beverages
* All conference keynote, general and breakout sessions, Tuesday through Thursday, focusing on the most important news affecting the industry
* Conference breakfast, refreshment breaks and luncheons Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
* Attendance at all keynote, general and breakout sessions, including the special API session Thursday