The Future of Health Care? Exploring the SMART Health Insurance Card
View the event agenda HERE
Launched by The Commons Project, in collaboration with the CARIN Alliance and the VCI coalition of public and private partner organizations, the SMART Health Insurance Card is based on the SMART Health Card QR code standard that was adopted for verifiable vaccination records during the pandemic by most of the U.S. healthcare and technology ecosystems, including: most U.S. states, national pharmacy chains, health providers and insurers and mobile and technology platforms. Following a presentation on the card technology, a roundtable of health care IT professionals and patient advocates will discuss the benefits, challenges and future of the SMART card.
- WEDI's related history: Identification Card Implementation Guide and Virtual Clipboard
- SMART Health Card Demo and Q&A
- Multi-stakeholder Roundtable; Card Benefits and Challenges
- JP Pollack, Co-Founder, The Commons Project Foundation
- Ryan Howells, CARIN Alliance, Principal, Leavitt Partners
- Jason Teeple, Enterprise Architect, Evernorth
- Heather Lopez, VP, President and Physician Payment and Practice, Medical Society of the State of NY
- Rebekah Angove, PhD, VP, Evaluation and Patient Experience, Patient Advocate Foundation
- Upendra Patel, Founder and CEO, AaNeel
- More to be Announced!