The Road to Interoperability and Prior Authorization Series- Bundle Registration
7 different educational events taking place from early February to early April 2024. Start times for each will be around 1pm or 1:30pm eastern. Specific dates for most of the events will be coming soon!
WEDI members can sign up for the bundle free of change
Non Members- $999 to access all 7 educational events in the series
Individual spotlights in the series will also be available at $199 for non members. Individual events are free for WEDI members
WEDI welcomes the health care industry to attend, learn and share insights as we host a series of presentations and panel discussions on the CMS Interoperability and Prior Authorization Final Rule published in the Federal Register on Feb. 8, 2024.
The series includes:
- Jan. 19: A overview of the entire Interoperability and Prior Authorization final rule presented by Alexandra Mugge, Chief Health Informatics Officer and Director at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Available on YouTube
- Feb. 8: Payer to Payer API featured an overview of the rule’s API requirements by CMS followed by a panel of industry experts panel who discussed best practices, challenges and more. Available on YouTube
- Feb. 15: Patient Access API featured an overview of the rule’s provisions from CMS followed by a panel of industry experts that discussed the requirement that impacted payers implement a standards-based Patient Access API and information about certain prior authorizations to the data available via that Patient Access API. As well, the session highlighted the Provider Access API requirement that impacted payers implement and maintain a Provider Access API to share patient data with the patient’s in-network providers.
- Feb. 26: Prior Authorization: Payer, Provider and Patient Impact features an overview of the prior authorization provisions from CMS followed by experts from the patient, provider, payer and standards communities discussing this landmark set of requirements. Register here.
- Mar. 4: Prior Authorization: EMRs, Vendors and Early Adopters features an overview of the rule’s requirements followed by a panel of software vendors to discuss the technical challenges and early adopters who will share their insights following implementation of the prior authorization APIs. Register here.
- TBD: Interoperability and Prior Authorization: The Small Provider Perspective will feature an overview of the key provisions of the final rule impacting smaller providers. A panel of industry experts will discuss opportunities for smaller providers to improve data exchange and reduce the burdens associated with prior authorization processes.
- TBD: Interoperability and Prior Authorization: The Small Plan Perspective will feature an overview of the key provisions of the final rule impacting smaller health plans. A panel of industry experts will discuss opportunities for smaller plans to improve data exchange and reduce the burdens associated with prior authorization processes.