WEDI 2022 Summer Forum
Click HERE to view the agenda
Note: Current COVID policy in the American Dental Association building calls for mask wearing and social distancing in all public spaces (elevator ,lobby ,hallways , bathrooms etc.) Once attendees are in the meeting space they are free to remove their mask and get as close as they would like.
Current Community Level in Chicago, IL is MEDIUM. Please visit https://dph.illinois.gov/covid19/data/community-level.html for details on what this level means.
This year's summer forum comes from Chicago, IL, WEDI's first in person educational event in over two years! Join us in the Windy City for an in-depth look at updates, challenges and solutions regarding the No Surprises Act during day 1. Seats are limited, so register early to secure your seat!
We welcome Michael Kolber, Partner with Manatt Health, as our opening speaker on August 2 to discuss the key provisions and unique opportunities and challenges with the No Surprises Act.
With a health law background in both government and private practice, Michael Kolber represents and advises health insurers, pharmaceutical manufacturers, health care providers, state and federal agencies, technology vendors, and others on implementation of health coverage issues, especially the Affordable Care Act (ACA), Medicare and Medicaid managed care, value-based purchasing, and employee benefits. He provides legal and policy advice with a particular focus on mental health parity; medical loss ratio reporting; pharmacy benefit management; risk adjustment in Medicare, Medicaid and commercial managed care; and health care nondiscrimination rules. He provides regulatory advice and advocacy, counsels clients on corporate transactions, and litigates in federal court and before administrative tribunals. Michael’s work often occurs at the intersection of public policy, regulatory advice and litigation.
- WEDI's No Surprises Act Task Group will offer insight and overview on recent guidance and review their industry survey.
- A further examination of solutions and best practices with Provider Directories.
- Provider and Payers share their experiences in implementing the No Surprises Act
- Stakeholder groups will be asked to review use cases developed by WEDI's Claims Subworkgroup and look at challenges and solutions in implementation.
Inspired by one of our education committee co-chairs, day 2 of the Summer Forum will examine business cases throughout healthcare (examples, ADT, EDI, Claim models, etc) and how new technology can aid in solving these age-old issues.
We're happy to have members of the FHIR at Scale Taskforce (FAST) speaking in Chicago. FAST identifies FHIR scalability gaps, defines solutions to address current barriers, and identifies needed infrastructure for scalable FHIR solutions.
Lodging: We will not hold a room block for the Summer Forum. We encourage you to reserve a room at the numerous hotels in the area. Hotels close to the ADA Conference Center (211 East Chicago Avenue) include (but are not limited to):
- The Chicago Hotel Collection- Magnificent Mile
- Homewood Suites Chicago Downtown/ Magnificent Mile
- Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
- Warwick Allerton-Chicago
- Omni Chicago Hotel
- Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile
- Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites
- Selina Chicago
- The St Clair Hotel- Magnificent Mile
- Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Magnificent Mile
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile